Use the following steps to install the Microsoft's Active Directory Users and Computers tool on your Windows 7 system:
- Download the corresponding "Remote Server Administration Tools" installation package (either 32 or 64 bit) from Microsoft's website: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=7887
- Launch the installer and follow the onscreen instructions, as usual. Next part will be tricky - once installed, the individual tools in the package must be activated using the command line.
- Run the "Command Prompt" tool with elevated privileges by right-clicking the icon and selecting "Run as administrator" (you may receive the UAC warning pop-up, click "Yes").
- In the command prompt window that opens, execute the following lines (in order and one at a time) to enable all the per-requisite features and the "Users and Computers" snap-in:
dism /online /enable-feature /featurename:RemoteServerAdministrationTools
dism /online /enable-feature /featurename:RemoteServerAdministrationTools-Roles
dism /online /enable-feature /featurename:RemoteServerAdministrationTools-Roles-AD
dism /online /enable-feature /featurename:RemoteServerAdministrationTools-Roles-AD-DS
dism /online /enable-feature /featurename:RemoteServerAdministrationTools-Roles-AD-DS-SnapIns
- Each command will take around 30-45 seconds to complete and you should see the progress and confirmation messages displayed on the screen:
Thanks. Good information
Thanks!. I was almost going to uninstall the win7 admin pack as it didnt have the expected AD tools. I'm so glad I found your article.
Highly recommended article. Good Job!
Post a Comment